Monday, October 11, 2010

Nick Diaz Beats KJ Noons to Retain Strikeforce Belt

by Michael David SmithNick Diaz keeps his Strikeforce welterweight belt with a win over KJ Noons.Three years after being bloodied and beaten in their first fight, Nick Diaz got his revenge against the last man to defeat him, KJ Noons, winning a unanimous decision and retaining his Strikeforce welterweight title on Saturday night.

Diaz was bloodied this time, too, but he was also the more effective fighter for 25 minutes of hard-charging action, weathering some hard punches from Noons and landing plenty of punches of his own. At the end of the fight, which was billed as a grudge match, Diaz and Noons exchanged a hug. They had earned each other's respect.

"I beat this guy on the ground or standing up," Diaz said afterward. "I'll beat this guy in a boxing match but I'll also tap him out on the ground. ... I just want to display my skills to the world because I can do it all."

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Jenny McCarthy Jessica Alba

No comments:

Post a Comment